Club Executives & Directors
Home Page Download Files
Home Page Stories
Posted by Anita Zemba-Schadt on Dec 14, 2016
The selected group of students from area Davenport High Schools joined The Davenport Rotary Club over the past couple of weeks to be introduced to Rotary and how Rotary is involved in the community as a service organization.
We said Good Bye & Good Luck to this wonderful and talented group of Young Rotarians on December 12th at the Noon Meeting.
Thank you Junior Rotarians for joining us and we hope you enjoyed getting an introduction to Rotary and the service Rotary provides in communities all over the world.
Assumption High School:
Maggie Monroe & Luke Castro
Central High School:
Ian Meisch & Jalynn Roberts (not present)
Mid-City High School:
North High School:
Rodney Blackwell Jr. & Lyndy Holdt
West High School:
Wylie Halferty & Emma Blackburn
On September 26th Kenzie Curran of Davenport North & Isabella Vasquez of Davenport West gave an enlightening presentation to the Davenport Rotary Club on their RYLA Experience, from over the summer. These two talented young women shared how the week at RYLA camp changed, enhanced, and educated their lives.
Patt Englander, Davenport Rotarian, had the amazing opportunity to be a RYLA counselor. She also shared what the experience meant to her and encouraged others to get involved.
Left to Right:
Gary Loss, Davenport Rotary President, Kenzie Curran, Isabelle Vasquez, & Patt Englander
How would you like to make a difference in the life of a child? The Davenport Rotary will, again this year, partner with Davenport Schools for a reading program to help students at Madison Elementary who need our help. Thank you so much to the Rotary members who already participate in this very worthwhile program! We would love to increase our presence at the school and help even more kids!
To Participate Follow the Instructions:
1. Complete Davenport Community Schools volunteer application and attach a copy of your driver’s license.
2. Forms are available from Jessi Lane or the Rotary website:
windows.net/00000001635/en-ca/ files/sitepage/madison- elementary-school-reading- program/davenport-community- schools-volunteer-form/DAV_ Schools_Vol-release-form.pdf
3. Identify times you are available to help (the teachers are flexible & appreciate any help they can get!)
4. The copy of your driver’s license and application needs to be printed/completed and turned into Davenport Community Schools at 1606 Brady Street, Davenport, IA or you can give it to Jessi Lane at a Rotary Meeting to deliver.
5. You will be notified once your application has been approved….processing normally takes a few weeks. Contact Jessi if you haven’t heard back from anyone.
Special Note: Kim Rollinger is the Reading Specialist at Madison Elementary & will be our primary contact in scheduling times with teachers and students. Kim’s contact information Phone: 563-320-6152 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions/Info/Sign-up: Contact Davenport Rotary Member, Jessi Lane at 563-343-7472 or Email: email@example.com
Your Impact: Students will have reading assignments & materials – Just bring yourself and be ready to read, listen, & make a positive impact!